- Who is a mujaddid (revivalist,reformer)?
- What is the most important characteristic of a mujaddid?
- What is the difference between a prophet and a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer)?
- How do I recognize a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer)? What are his attributes?
- Why is a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer) sent after every 100 years- why not earlier than 100 years?
- Why are Shaykh-ul-Islam’s words coming true?
- Why do we have to obey Shaykh ul Islam Dr. Tahir ul Qadri? Who is he?
- What is the meaning of Tajdeed of Din (revival,reformation)?
- Do you want to know the rank of a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer)?
- Do you believe that? Or is your heart still covered by the darkness and ignorance?
Who is a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer)?
The door of Prophethood has been completely closed in all respects and no Prophet will ever come after the raising of the Holy Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) himself. The Holy Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) stated that before him, every Prophet used to succeed another; with his raising, the chain of Prophethood became closed. From now, he will be succeeded by the khulafa’ [Narrated by al-Bukhari in as-Sahih, vol. 3, p. 1273 # 3268; and Muslim in as-Sahih, vol. 3, p. 1471 # 1842.].
The same prophetic mission was continued by the people from the Ummaof the Holy Prophet, known as mujadaddin, the revivalists of their century. The khulafa’ are the mujaddidun, al-awliya’, and the al-‘ulama’ ar-rasikhun.
A mujaddid is an intellectually eminent and distinct personality or a group that the Ummah is blessed with who decontaminates and renews the Din.
Mujaddidin are “the inheritors of prophets”. Being an inheritor of prophets (vicegerent, or a caliph) means being knowledgeable with inspirations under the shadow of revelations rather than receiving the revelation itself, like prophets.
According to al-Hasan bin ‘Ali :
Allah’s Messenger (blessings and peace be upon him) said three times: ‘May Allah’s mercy be upon my Caliphs.’ The Companions said: ‘And who are your Caliphs, O Messenger of Allah?’ He said: ‘Those who revive my Sunna and teach it to the people!’”
(Ibn ‘Asakir in Tarikh Dimashq al-Kabir, 51/61)
What is the most important characteristic of a mujaddid?
Among the most important characteristics of every mujaddid is that he must appear in the early age of century. Therefore how great even the Muslims strivers are, and even if they also have met all the characteristics mentioned above, they are not considered to be the group of mujaddid if he does not appear in the early part of century.
Allam Mukhtar Shah Naeemi reveals undeniable facts:
The scholars and authorities serving the Din of the Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) are in hundreds and thousands who render their services according to their position and status, but the mujaddid is usually only one in a century. Shaykh-ul-Islam, Huzur Sayeddi Dr. Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri was born in 1951 (1370 Hijri) and started his revivalist work in 1981 (1401 Hijri), exactly at the beginning of the 15th Islamic century, by founding Minhaj-ul-Quran.
Remember the words of hadith:
“Almighty Allah will send to this Umma(Communiy), at the beginning of every hundred years, someone who will renew its Deen (Religion) for it.’”
What is the difference between a prophet and a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer)?
A prophet directly takes order from Almighty Allah. He receives revelation; he starts his strive with the cause of prophethood and invites people to believe in him as a prophet. Belief and disbelief depend on accepting and denying his cause.
It is not the same for a mujaddid. Although he can be given the duty by Almighty Allah, he can only be so with a duty which is not related to spreading a new religion or system.
According to Mu’adh b. Jabal :
“…and the dearest of the servants to Allah Most High are the most self- protecting and retiring devotees, who are not searched for when they are absent, and are not recognized when they are present. It is they who are the imams of right guidance and the lanterns of knowledge.’”
(al-Hakim in al-Mustadrak, 3/303 #5182)…
How do I recognize a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer)? What are his attributes?
First of all, to become a mujaddid is not anyone’s wish, will or anyone’s power, but it is from Almighty Allah Who chooses among the pious whomever He wants.
Let’s see the qualities in a person that qualifies him as a mujaddid. If these qualities are present in him then there is no objection in declaring him as mujaddid.
1) A mujaddid diagnoses the disease of the century correctly by examining carefully the time he lives in from all aspects, figuring out where in the society ignorance, corruption settled down, to what extent it has been influential , through what ways it entered the society, until which aspects of life its effects have reached and what is the state of true Islam in the current situation. He encounters political forces seeking to suppress Islamic values, launches scheme for reformation, establishes government on the pattern of rightly guided Caliphate.
Does not it seem like that is what Shaykh-ul-Islam is doing? Do you believe it or not?
2) A mujaddid finds solution to improve the society; that is to say, he ends jahiliyya (ignorance) sovereignty over the society and paves the way for Islam to take its place in social life. He considers himself dutiful of it.
Don’t you see what Shaykh-ul-Islam is striving for it? Did you not see or hear about how Shaykh-ul-Islam spends his days and nights to performs his duties? Volumes of books can be written on his life-long selfless strivings and scholarly work. You can ask his followers or come and join the movement.
3) A mujaddid does not create new things. He follows Islam and Sunnah exactly. Mujaddidin are the chosen and blessed people of Almighty Allah among the community of the Prophet’s khulafa’ (vicegerents). A mujaddid is the man of reliable authority and one of the great authentic transmitters of the Prophet’s (blessings and peace be upon him) knowledge to the Umma from whom scholars of East and West, both Arab and non-Arab, derive benefit, who come to him to receive ijazat (permission) and isnad (authority) as an Imam of ‘ilm in this century.
Allama Habib Ahmed Hussain Sahab On Shaykh ul Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri:
Do you want to learn who fits into the above criteria of a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer)?
According to ‘AbdAllah ibn ‘Abbas (may Almighty Allah be well pleased with him): The Messenger of Allah ( blessings and peace be upon him) said:
“He who upholds my Sunna at the time of strife will be granted reward of one hundred martyrs.”
[Set forth by al-Imam al-Bayhaqi in Kitab az-Zuhd al-Kabir, vol. 2, p. 118 # 207.]
Come and join the movement. Click this link and learn more.
4) A mujaddid eradicates attacks on themselves and show the supremeness of the religion. They do this without losing their true attitude , offending true spirits and by new method of explanation and new techniques of persuasion.
Don’t you agree to the above statement? Have not you remembered how much patience Shaykh-ul-Islam has shown and is still showing unprecendented patience on any character assassination towards him. He has not stopped explaining and providing knowledge about the current situation of the country and gave solution.
5) A mujaddid has Islamic courage and bravery which lets him ignore all oppressions and torments, which lets him sermon without being influenced by anything, and which lets him tell the truths fearlessly with a power of belief which can challenge the world.
Everyone has seen that on January 14, 2013 in the long March in Islamabad. Also we are still seeing him telling the truth. He does not have a fear of speaking or advocating truth in all circumstances.
6) A mujaddid should be able to create a bridge between ancient and modern knowledge because in order to do tajdeed, he needs to have knowledge of the Qur’an, Sunna, and Hadith, as well as the comprehensive knowledge of contemporary work. This way, he can connect the past to the present and take the present to the future. Anybody who is not connecting the present to the past is not doing tajdeed, but is creatingfitna (transgression) because blessings and faiz (grace) are transferred from the past to the present, and from the present to the future.
7) A mujaddid is a perfect embodiment and a scholar of both external (shariah) and internal (spiritual or tariqah) sciences of knowledge promoting, protecting the Sunnah and fighting innovation. Everyone benefits from the knowledge of the mujaddid. He is famous, a fountain and an authority of religion for the Scholars of his time. A mujaddid should have command on the contemporary knowledge of the world and also should have knowledge of ancient or classical times.
You can see these esteem attributes of Shaykh-ul-Islam by looking into his scholarly work for the past 45 years. He has written 1000 books (out of which 450 have been published) and has delivered over 7 thousand speeches on a variety of topics. Please click the link below to see how he has the command on the contemporary knowledge of the world.
Allama Mukhtar Naimi pays tribute to Dr.Tahir-ul Qadri:
Indian Muslim Scholar pays tribute to Dr.Tahir-ul Qadri:
Mufti Muhammad Iqbal Kharal pays tribute to Dr.Tahir ul Qadri:
Allama Mufti Arshad Saeed Kazmi pays tribute to Dr.Tahir ul Qadri:
Allama Shahzad Mujaddidi pays tribute to Dr.Tahir ul Qadri:
Allama Mufti Safdar Ali Qadri pays tribute to Dr. Tahir Ul Qadri:
Mufti Allama Ghulam Asghar Siddiqi pays tribute to Dr. Tahir ul Qadri:
Imran Ahmed Qadri pays tribute to Dr. Tahir ul Qadri:
Allama Bostan Qadri pays tribute to Dr. Tahir ul Qadri:
Do you know anyone else in this era with this caliber? We know!
8) Although a mujaddid is raised in the early part of the century, his work for the revival of the Din continues throughout the centuries.
Allama Sajid Zafar’s beautiful comment about Dr.Tahir ul Qadri :
9) A mujaddid completely submits his life for the work of the Holy Prophet. His services for Din is purely for the pleasure of Almighty Allah and His Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him).
Head of Jamiat Ulema e Pakistan Sahibzada Abul Khair Mohammad Zubair pays tribute to Shaykh-ul-Islam and Minhaj-ul-Quran:
The whole world pays tribute to Shaykh-ul-Islam’s unfaltering adherence to the Qur’an and Sunnah and his love for the Holy Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him). Not only his followers, but even unbiased opponents of his are witnesses to the reality of his love. He awakens such an inspiring love for the Holy Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) that the dwellings of the heart begin to shine like mirrors.
The world knows that Shaykh-ul-Islam does not take royalty of any of his scholarly work and contribution to Deen.
Why is a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer) sent after every 100 years- why not earlier than 100 years?
The Holy Prophet said:
“Should I not inform you the importance of this night? From this night onwards, right up to the end of 100 years, that person who is alive on the earth (presently) will not be alive.” (al-Bukhari in al-Sahih)
Remember, refusal of the hadith of the Holy Prophet is disbelief.
Why are Shaykh-ul-Islam’s words coming true?
The mujaddidin are the revivalists and a mujaddid receives blessings directly from the Holy Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) in addition to his other chains of receiving knowledge. A hadith of the Holy Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) reported through Sa‘id ibn al-Musayyab, which is quoted by alImam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr [Related by Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr in Jami‘ Bayan al-‘Ilm wa Fadli-hi, vol. 1, pp. 102, 191, 192 # 169, 379.], indicates that the transmitter of knowledge who revives the Din is the direct recipient of blessings of the Prophets and spiritually linked with them.
The mujaddidin are also given wisdom (hikmah), inspiration, and unseen signs (predictions) by Almighty Allah in regard to their strivings. Therefore their moves always go faster than the plans and strategies of their opponents because Almighty Allah is his advocate.
Why do we have to obey Shaykh ul Islam Dr. Tahir ul Qadri? Who is he?
It is stated in the Qur’an:
“O believers! Obey Allah and obey the Messenger (blessings and peace be upon him) and those (men in truth) who hold command amongst you”-The Glorious Qur’an, an-Nisa [4:59]
People who are the ullu-al-amar (those who hold command) are the essence of our Din. These people are the blessed ones for whom Almighty Allah has commanded us to follow them as in the Qur’an:
“…The path of those upon whom You have bestowed your favors…”-The Glorious Qur’an, al-Fatiha [1:6]
It is our duty to go and search for these blessed leaders, because hidaya(guidance) is found from them. Hidaya is not received from the Qur’an and Sunnah alone; otherwise, Almighty Allah would have commanded us to findhidaya from the Qur’an and Sunna alone.
Hadith narrated by Abu Hurayra ra:
“Among what (knowledge) I learnt from Allah’s Messenger (blessings and peace be upon him) is that he said: “Almighty Allah will send to this Umma (Communiy), at the beginning of every hundred years, someone who will renew its Din (Religion) for it.’”(Abu-Dawud in Al- Sunan: Bk.:al-Malahim, Ch.:Discussion about the century,4/109 # 4291)
This Hadith is authentic and excellent (Sahih) as reported by many scholars of hadith in Islam. (Imam Jalaluddin Suyuti in Mirqatal-Saud’s).
Refusal of the hadith of the Holy Prophet (blessing and peace be upon him) is disbelief (kufr).
Must listen the views of Peer Dewal Sharif Dokhuha Daultala (Gujar khan) about Dr. Tahir ul Qadri:
Open your eyes or sleep forever. Supplicate to Almighty Allah to expand your chest and give you the ability or grace (taufiq) to find the truth and give you guidance. You cannot get guidance unless you yearn for it.
What is the meaning of Tajdeed of Deen (revival, reformation)?
Tajdeed means the restoration of the original beliefs and practices after their being changed, distorted or forgotten.
Do you want to know the rank of a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer)?
Our beloved Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said for a mujaddid (revivalist, reformer):
According to al-Hasan bin ‘Ali:
“Allah’s Messenger (blessings and peace be upon him) said, ‘If death comes to someone who is striving to acquire knowledge with the intention that he will revive Islam by means of knowledge, the difference between him and the prophets in the Garden of Paradise will only be of a single degree!”’
(al-Darimi in al-Sunan, Ch.: The Excellence of knowledge and the scholar, 1/112 #354)
According to Sa’id bin al-Musyyib:
“Allah’s Messenger (blessings and peace be upon him) said, “If someone acquires knowledge with which to revive Islam, there will not be any difference between him and the Prophets except by only one degree.”
(Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr in Jami Bayan al-Ilm wa Fadli-h, 46/ 1)
These two Hadiths explain that the revivalist would be the direct recipient of the grace and favor of Almighty Allah and the Holy Prophet(blessings and peace be upon him).